Know Your Rights
As a consumer of EventBuilder's digital products, it's important to know your rights in relation to your personal data and information.
Consumer Privacy Rights:
Consumers of the EventBuilder software have the following rights:
- Right to Know: Consumers are entitled to be informed of EventBuilder’s Personal Information collection and use activities for the preceding 12 months. The Right to Know is both general (meaning EventBuilder must disclose this information via its Privacy Notice) and specific (meaning EventBuilder must respond to requests to disclose this information as it pertains to each Consumer who submits a request to know).
- Right to Correct: Consumers have the right to request that EventBuilder corrects inaccurate Personal Information about the consumer on EventBuilder systems. A consumer may inform EventBuilder if they become aware that their Personal Information is incorrect or if their situation changes (e.g., change email address) and EventBuilder will update its records.
- Right to Access: Consumers can request access to the specific pieces of Personal Information that EventBuilder holds about them. EventBuilder must provide the Consumer with copies of the Personal Information collected about the Consumer during the preceding 12 months and, if providing this electronically, it must be in a readily usable, portable format.
- Right to Deletion: Consumers can request that EventBuilder delete some or all of the Personal Information collected about the requesting Consumer.
- Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Personal Information: The Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Personal Information (Do Not Sell My Personal Information) applies to businesses that “sell” Personal Information. EventBuilder does not sell Personal Information as defined under US privacy laws.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sharing Personal Information: The Right to Opt-Out of Sharing Personal Information allows consumers to restrict EventBuilder from sharing their Personal Information with third parties for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes. EventBuilder does not share Personal Information in this manner.
- Limited Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information: EventBuilder does not use or disclose any sensitive Personal Information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about a consumer. Consumers have the right to limit the use and disclosure of their information in the category of sensitive Personal Information to an express purpose or other limited purpose permitted under the CCPA.
- Right to Opt-Out of Profiling: Consumers have the right to know if a company uses a form of automated processing of Personal Information to evaluate, analyze, or predict your performance, preferences, choices, or behavior and, if so, to opt-out of such automated profiling. EventBuilder does not use any form of automated profiling.
- Right to Equal Service: The Right to Equal Service prohibits businesses from discriminating against Consumers who exercise their rights. For example, a business may not deny the Consumer goods or services, charge a different price, impose penalties, provide a different level or quality of service, or suggest the Consumer will receive a different price or rate or a different level or quality of goods or services, or retaliate against an employee, applicant for employment, or independent contractor for exercising privacy rights. Some exceptions are available depending on how the Consumer’s request impacts the business’s use and value of the Personal Information at issue. This policy does not detail the Right to Equal Service because it is not exercised via a Consumer Privacy Request, but instead must be embedded in a business’s practices. EventBuilder will contact privacy counsel if we need additional guidance.