Event Management Roles
Last updated: March 12, 2021
When creating an EventBuilder Streaming or Simulated-Live Event, three primary Event Management roles are available.
An Organizer can create Events and access all functions, including editing Events, access to all features on the Live Event Console, and the ability to pull reports. An EventBuilder subscription on your portal is required to be assigned an Organizer.
A Moderator has access to all in-session Event features, including starting and stopping the stream, Messages moderation, adding handouts, posting announcements and polls. An EventBuilder subscription is not required to be assigned a Moderator.
A Presenter is responsible for presenting the material. They may also answer Attendee questions. They have access to most in-session Event features except the ability to start and stop the stream. An EventBuilder subscription is not required to be assigned a Presenter.
Note: Event Roles discussed here apply to EventBuilder technologies. For information about Microsoft Teams Live Events roles, see Teams Live Event Group Roles.
Assigning Event Roles
EventBuilder allows Organizers to assign roles based on event needs:
- Presenters cannot control Events. They can provide Event materials, facilitate Attendee engagement such as ask polling questions, and lead the Event.
- Moderators can control Live Events. Moderators have the same privileges as Presenters, as well as: starting and stopping the stream, provide basic event troubleshooting, answer Attendee questions, etc.
- Organizers have the same privileges and access to live events as Moderators and Presenters. Additionally, Organizers can: make changes to the scheduled Event time and registration page, pull reports pre- and post- event, and upload/download Event recordings.
Additional Information About Event Roles:
- Moderators and Presenters are assigned by the Event creator (Organizer).
- Upon assignment, the Organizer may choose to send an email confirmation to Presenters and/or Moderators with a link to access the Event.
- A calendar invitation (.ics file) is attached to the Event access email for recipients to add the Event to their personal calendars.
- Organizers do not need to add themselves as Moderators to events they have created, unless they wish to appear on the Registration page.
- Organizers, Presenters, and Moderators gain access to the Event and all technologies 30 minutes prior to start via the unique link provided in the confirmation email.
Event Management Roles At-a-Glance:
|Pull Registration Reports||✔|
|Set Attendee View||✔||✔||✔|
|Respond to Pending Messages||✔||✔||✔|
|View Message Log||✔||✔||✔|
|View Participant Email Address||✔||✔||✔|
|Create Poll Questions||✔||✔||✔|
|Ask Poll Questions||✔||✔||✔|
|View Poll Questions||✔||✔||✔|
|Share Poll Questions||✔||✔||✔|
|Delete Poll Questions||✔||✔||✔|
|Refresh All Browsers||✔||✔|
|Refresh EventBuilder Bot||✔||✔|
|Change Presentation Environment||✔||✔|