Moderator/Presenter Invitation and Access
Last updated: February 24, 2022
Organizers assign Moderator and Presenter roles as part of the Event creation and management process. Organizers or Administrators create Guest Accounts for these individuals. There are two ways for Moderators and Presenters to access the Event: email invitation or calendar link.
Accessing Events via Email Invitation:
An email invitation will arrive in the Moderator or Presenter's inbox:
Note: Moderators and Presenters should check their junk/spam folders and allowlist EventBuilder emails.
The email provides basic instructions for your Moderator or Presenter, including Event details and access instructions:
Launching EventBuilder and Accessing Event
After clicking the “Event Log In” button, the Presenter and/or Moderator will be directly taken to the EventBuilder Portal where they will have access to live event options based on the selected event mode.
Classic Webinar and EventBuilder Streaming Mode:
Note: Depending on the mode selected, different options will appear. Presenters/Moderators may need to enter more than one environment.
- Clicking on the Microsoft Teams icon takes the Moderator or Presenter to the Teams meeting room where they can monitor, participate, and/or speak during the live Event.
- For classic Webinar (non-streamed) events with Recording enabled, the green icon takes the Moderator to the console where Recording Controls are located.
- For events configured for EventBuilder streaming, clicking on the green Console icon takes the Moderator or Presenter to the Moderator Console, where their streaming Event tools and controls are located (these will vary depending on their role).
- For Simulated-Live events, the Presenter or Moderator will see two available options upon login: 'Open the EventBuilder Console' or "Click here to return to Dashboard."
Moderator Console View
- Selecting the “Click here to return to your Dashboard” option takes the Moderator or Presenter to an overview of the events they are currently scheduled to attend within a selected date range.
- Note: Presenters and/or Moderators are automatically logged out of the Portal one hour after the actual end time of the Event for webinars, and one hour after the scheduled end time for In-Person Events.
Accessing Events via Outlook Calendar Invite
Note: If your Moderator or Presenter does not use Outlook, they will need to import the invite.ics file into their calendar program.
The email invitation includes a calendar link:
This allows Moderators or Presenters to add the Event to their Outlook calendar, where they can click on the Event and be directed to the EventBuilder Portal. Once logged in, the connection options will be the same: Open in Microsoft Teams, Open EventBuilder Console, Return to Dashboard.
Presenter/Moderator Portal Permissions
Guest Account holders and have limited access to your Portal. Individuals assigned Guest Accounts permissions include:
- File Repository - In preparation for their Event, Guest Account holders can upload their presentation materials, such as a slide deck or video, to their account's individual file repository. Guest Account holders cannot access other files or information on the Portal.
- Assigned Events - Presenters and Moderators can access the Console and view the details of the Event(s) they are assigned.