Last updated: February 23, 2021
EventBuilder’s powerful Templates tool creates the foundation for Administrators and Organizers to set and control the layout, style, branding, and functionality for your events.
Using Templates to set up your webinars and events enables you to collect consistent data from Registrants. We understand one of the most useful and flexible functions EventBuilder offers can also be confusing until you have some practice and examples. Here are some things to know about Templates:
- When creating a new Event, the option, "Start from scratch" will use the Portal-level default Template.
- The option "Create from and existing Template" allows Organizers to choose from "My Templates" or any Portal-level Template.
- With "Create from your Outlook calendar" the Event is created based on the Organizer's default Template. (Note: This option is available for Pro- and Suite-level subscribers only.)
- Questions added to your Template, (such as Registration, Polling, and Survey) and Files (such as a disclosure statement) are enforced for each Event built from that Template.
- An Organizer can add Questions and Files to their Event but cannot remove Questions and Files added at the Template level.
- Editing a Template will affect all Events and other templates created from that Template. For example:
Company A rebranded and updated their logo. Changing the banner on the Portal-level Template will change the banner for each “child” Template and each Event created with the Template, past and present.
Templates are two-tiered, allowing for customization at each level:
Note: We advise Portal Administrators to create a Portal-level Template to include the basic information you want to collect and the file(s) your organization needs to use, such as your Privacy Notice. This will leave room for Organizers to customize their Templates and Events to apply to their unique Event circumstances.
- Portal-level Templates: These “top-level” or global Templates are created by the Portal Administrator. The Administrator can set default Questions and Files to ensure consistent data is collected for Events.
- Organizer-level Templates: These are Templates set by Organizers to customize a unique set of Events. Questions and Files set at the Portal-level will be included in Templates created by an Organizer.
While Template creation mirrors Event creation, there are a few things to note about this section of your EventBuilder Dashboard.
Navigating the Templates Section of Your Dashboard
To view your Portal-level and Organizer Templates, navigate to the Templates view on the left-hand navigation on your account dashboard.
Click on My Templates to view a list of your Organizer-level Templates:
Click on Portal Templates to view a list of Templates available to everyone on the portal.
- Administrators can edit Templates and create Portal-level Templates from this page.
- Organizers can view each Portal-level Template's settings but cannot make changes or create new Portal-level Templates.
If no Templates have been created, this page will display the message "No Templates found" until one has been created.
When creating a Template from scratch, keep in mind the following:
Templates built from scratch inherit all the properties of the global, Portal-level Template. Administrators set questions and/or attach files from the global Portal-Level Template and the new Template will inherit them. They cannot be removed from the new Template. Questions and files can be added, and all other properties updated as appropriate.
Administrators can convert any Organizer-Level Template to a Portal-Level Template.
Navigate to the Accounts section on your Dashboard:
Find the Organizer whose Template you wish to convert to the Portal-Level, then click on the Templates icon:
A list of the Organizer's Templates will appear. Select the Template you would like to convert to Portal-Level:
.The following dialog window will appear:
Click on the 'Convert to Portal Template button. The selected Template will now appear in the 'Portal Templates' section. Note: This action is only available to Portal Administrators.