Configuring Your EventBuilder Portal
Last updated::April 2, 2020
When you sign up for an EventBuilder subscription, we assign a private portal for your account. There are some important actions to take once your portal has been assigned to ensure proper configuration, including User account privileges, Default Template creation, branding, and security. Generally, the steps outlined in this article are performed upon your initial account setup and not repeated once completed.
Accessing Your Portal
You will receive a Welcome email from EventBuilder with your Portal information and link to your Portal Username. Your Username is the email address you provided to EventBuilder at sign-up.
Click on the blue "here" hyperlink to be taken to your new Portal. You will be prompted to set a password:
Click 'Save' and you will be redirected to your Portal's Dashboard. Click on the computer icon to begin your Portal's configuration.
The first section of your Portal is where you will find general information about your account, such as your Portal name and URL, contact information, and billing information.
Note: Most fields have been pre-populated with information given at the time of sign-up. Company name, Contact, and Billing information can be edited, however, if you wish to change your Portal name, please contact email@example.com
The bottom portion of the General section in your Portal includes the Default Template selection and information about your subscription level and number of subscriptions.
Default Template Information:
Administrators can create and set a global, Portal-level Template to ensure consistent collection and dissemination of information Portal-wide. Administrators should carefully consider what type of information, Files, and Registration questions they would like to enforce across all Events. The Default Template can be created and set here at any time. Learn more about Templates.
The branding section in your Portal Configuration is where you will customize and set defaults for your company logo, banner, footer, and more, as well as set Portal Login Security and User privileges.
We will break down this section into three parts.
Section 1: Logos, Style Customization, Analytics
- Title - Appears in browser tab.
- Logo - Your company logo, appears in the upper left-hand corner of your Event Pages.
- Logo URL Direct - Choose a page to direct Registrants to if they click on the logo.
- Cascading Style Sheet - Customize colors on Registration and Listing Pages. Administrators should contact their Developer/Engineer to create custom style sheets.
- Google Analytics - Add Google tracking and analytics code to your Portal.
Section 2: Banner Graphics, Footer, Disclaimer
- Portal Banner - Company graphic; appears at top of Portal-level emails.
- Email Disclaimer HTML - Open-HTML editor to add disclaimers, such as a link to your Privacy Statement, or company information.
- Registration Text - Customize the text that appears above your registration questions.
Section 3: Security, Organizer Privileges
- Tag Creation - Give permission for Organizers and Admins, or Admins-only to create Event Tags. Administrators can change this setting at any time. Learn more about Tags.
- Template Creation - Give permission for Organizers and Admins, or Admins-only to create Templates. Administrators can change this setting at any time. Learn more about Templates.
- Secure Reports - If enabled, Reports will be password-protected on delivery. Learn more about this feature: How to Create Reports.
- Dial-In Audio - If enabled, Organizers will have the option to provide a dial-in access for Attendees via phone to their Event.
- Portal Login Security - When this option is enabled, Portal account holders will be prompted to change their password at an interval you set here. Admins may also restrict User's reuse of previous passwords. Ex., Administrators can set Users to change their password every 60 days, disallow use of the User's 6 most recent passwords upon changing.
Click 'Save & Continue'
Administrators have two Portal-level email options:
- Event Access Granted - Sent to Presenters/Moderators/Guests who don't currently have a paid account on your Portal and will be joining your live Event. Includes fields for Event date, time, contact, and login. Fully customizable.
- Verify Registrant Email - Available for Pro and Suite-level subscribers, this email prompts Registrants to verify their email address to complete Registration. Includes an open-HTML editor for customization.
Event Access Granted
Click on 'Edit' to open the email editor. The following window will open. EventBuilder has provided boilerplate fields and copy, but Administrators have full control over customization.
To add a database variable, click on the 'fx' button highlighted below:
Scroll to the bottom portion of the email, and there you can customize the copy for your Event Presenters/Organizers/Guests. Simply click in the area and adjust as needed.
Verify Registrant Email
Click on 'Edit' to open the email's editor window.
EventBuilder has provided boilerplate fields and copy, but Administrators have full control over customization.
To add a database variable, click on the 'fx' button highlighted.
Once Portal-level emails have been customized, Administrators can send themselves a test email to check for delivery, accuracy, and appearance. The test email will be sent to the email address associated with your EventBuilder Portal User account.
Click 'Save' to close the window.