Last updated: May 10, 2023
Tags create a systematic way for Organizers to filter and group Events together to streamline the multiple-event registration process for Invitees. Tags also combine similar Events on a Listing Page, enabling Organizers to promote them with a single URL and filter Event information.
EventBuilder Tags Quick Facts:
- Tags are Portal-wide and available for use by all Admins and Organizers.
- Administrators can set permissions for Organizers to create Tags, or set Tag creation to be performed at the Admin level only. Learn more: Portal Permissions
- EventBuilder recommends creating a strategic and standardized naming convention for Tags.
- Event Tags are different than social media hashtags – no # symbol is necessary but may be used if desired.
- EventBuilder software will recognize the following non-alphanumeric characters: # (hashtag or pound sign) and _ (underscore). Tags cannot have spaces and are not case sensitive.
- When selecting a Tag to filter Events, a number will appear beside the Tag – e.g., CloudSeries (12). This indicates the number of Events with the CloudSeries Tag across all Users on the Portal.
- Event Tags are not indexed by search engines.
Users can navigate to the Tags view from their Dashboard:
And when creating Listing Pages:
or from the Extras step when building an Event:
Navigate to the Tags view from the left side Dashboard navigation:
The Tags dialog will open. The 'Create New Tag' button and list of available Tags is displayed:
To view all events associated with a specific Tag, click on the book icon. The following will appear:
To delete a Tag, click on the trash icon. The following confirmation dialog will appear:
Image Text: There are 1 events with this tag. You can see the events by clicking on the Book icon. Are you sure you want to delete this tag? Ok/Cancel.
Tags and Listing Pages
Use Tags to filter the Events you want to appear on a Listing Page. Listing Pages allow invitees to register for an event series centered around similar or connected topics, and for Organizers to narrow event search results for event reporting.
Note: If no Tag is selected when creating a Listing Page, all Events on your Portal will be added to the page you are creating. Learn more: Listing and Custom Pages
Using Tags to Filter Event Information
Navigate to Events from the left side Dashboard navigation.
Click on the magnifying glass to open the advanced Search dialog.
On the Search Criteria dialog, click on the 'Tags' dropdown menu and select the Tag you wish to filter for. Click 'Search.' Events associated with the selected Tag will display.
Using Tags to Filter Events for Portal-Level Reports
(Portal-level Reports are available to Suite subscribers only)
Navigate to Reports from the left side Dashboard navigation.
Next, click the blue 'Request Report' button. A dialog will appear. Select the type of Report you would like to pull, and click 'Send/Save.'
The Request Report dialog will appear. Click on the filter icon:
The Search Criteria dialog will open. Select the Tag from the Tag(s) dropdown menu, then click 'Save Filter.'